Cooks Standard 02595 Clad Stainless Steel Stir Fry Pan with Glass Lid 12-Inch Multi-Ply Wok, Silver

  • Made of 2 layers of 18/10 stainless steel and an aluminum core along base and walls
  • Multi-ply allows for heat to be Distributed evenly/quickly; polished for easy cleaning
  • Riveted handle stays cool/comfortable; flat base & curved sides for spreading/pouring
  • Large size for multiple uses: sautéing, frying, and more; oven safe to 500F, glass lid 350F
  • Induction compatible and works on gas, electric, glass, ceramic, etc.; dishwasher safe

I should have purchased it sooner!! Do yourself a favor and stop eating non-stick coating flakes in your food! This pan is large and will make a family size stir-fry, heats up evenly and quickly, sits level on the burner and will have you cooking like a oriental chef in no time! The trick to using this pan is to use a little oil or water for steam and keep stirring and moving the contents so they do not have time to bond to the pan. My fried rice came out lovely and the pan worked better and was less sticky than my old non-stick pan. The handle stayed cool and the pan washed up easily with plain dish soap and water. If you are health and value conscious and love a good stir-fry you will enjoy this pan. Arrived quickly, properly packaged, and in excellent condition.

Consider the price, I think this is a very good wok. The dome lid is way much better than most similar-size wok or stir-fry pans in the market. Here I have some tips to share. First, this is stainless steel, so does not need to be "seasoned" like cast iron. Recently some people keep saying that stainless steel pans need to be seasoned. That definitely is wrong. It does not hurt if you do season it by pasting thin layer oil but just not necessary. Second, I see some users have problems of burning stains. Easy! Just boil water and it can be removed. If you are running hard water in your house, you will also need to use citric acid to remove those calcium or other metal oxides condensed on it. Vinegar can do the same thing but I personally recommend citric acid since it is way much more efficient. Also, citric acid does not smell bad like vinegar. A bag of citric acid is not expensive (please buy high purity for food use, not for industry use) and can be used for years. Vinegar and citric acid in boil water is very strong and can remove all those stains and metal oxides. I do a lot stir-fry. I have been using this wok almost everyday for 9 months. I clean it this way and it still goes shiny (not as shiny as just manufactured, but it definitely is beautiful). If it does get rusted, it means the stainless steel coating is broken and has to be replaced (harmful for your health!). Usually this happens on those deep scratched spots. If it is just burning stain and calcium oxide condensation due to hard water... no problem at all! I attached two photos showing before and after hot citric acid solution and soap wash. If you do want a stainless steel kitchenware that is super strong and does not get scratched and non-stick at all, you should go much higher level... probably hundreds or even thousands dollars more expensive than this item. For household use, I believe this is good enough if you do clean it this way. I hope everyone enjoy using stainless steel kitchenware!

Bought this some time ago after we got our induction stove. This wok just works. It heats up evenly, and along with the instant response of the induction burner, is good enough to make indoor stir frying legit. I have a 90K BTU gas burner with a heavy duty carbon steel wok setup in my outdoor kitchen. I have also used the 15K-20K burners on "professional" class high end domestic ranges. The outdoor 90K BTU setup would be too dangerous for indoor use. I can get good stir fried flavors on this wok without trying too hard on both high-end gas or induction burners. The stainless steel allows quick caramelization of the sugars in the ingredients. In stir fry cooking, the temperature has to be very responsive to quick adjustments. Heat is reduce just before new ingredients are added and increased again to continue with the quick cooking process. The temperature should be even along the bottom and gradually become cooler towards its top lip. 13 inch is also a good size. Large enough to prevent spills while stirring. Larger woks would need higher BTU burners to heat up.

This has become my favorite way to prepare my food. It cooks my vegetables, mushrooms, and greens quickly, much more efficiently than my other large skillets. It is a top-grade, heavy weight wok which I imagine I will get years of use from. I use it several times a week and I am impressed every time with how much faster I can prepare my nutritious and delicious meals. I was also impressed with the quality of the wok's construction. My only challenge was finding a place to store it in-between uses. It is large and has a long handle. If you are looking for a top quality wok I can highly recommend this one. Update 2018: I have been using this regularly for the past 2 years and it is my primary, go-to pan for preparing all my cooked meals. I am still impressed with how quickly it cooks and how much more vitality there still is in the foods than when I use a regular pot or pan. I don't know if it has to do with the shape of the wok or what. Also it work perfectly whether I am only cooking a small amount in the bottom of the wok or I have it filled to the brim. I have decided to buy another one of these Cooks Standard Woks to keep at the Rancho so that I don't have to keep moving it back and forth.

I recently got rid of my 8 set of T-Fal pans that were cluttering my cabinets. I have a small place and don't cook elaborate meals as I'm a single guy. The flat space on the bottom is large enough to cook a few eggs or a decent sized steak. The large sides of the pan allow you to do a lot of single pan meals like those "skillet creations" frozen bags you get from grocery stores. I've boiled noodles, and even used a steamer for some veggies. If you're looking for a basic single pan that will cover all bases, this is it. I've never used stainless steel before so I did notice I need to use a bit more oil to prevent sticking. If you manage to get a collection of burnt on food, or have any discoloration that doesn't wash out..."Brasso" and a paper towel will take it right out and leave the pan looking new. (you can use any metal polish really, I've just personally used that brand.) With the handle, it can be a bit large and cumbersome to wash in a sink. I DO RECOMMEND THAT YOU HAND WASH THIS PRODUCT!!!! Stainless steel will spot like crazy if you run it in a dishwasher.

First: This is the third Cooks Standard pan I have purchased. Second: Any person looking to buy stainless steel pans needs to do some research about cooking with and cleaning the pans because, plain and simple, stainless steel is different from non stick. That out of the way, I simply love my Cooks Standard pans! Impressive weight. Long handles. Concerning this wok, I've fallen in love with grapeseed oil (vs olive oil) because of the higher temperature rating but an eye still needs to pay attention to what's going on inside the wok.

Great wok for frying. We mostly cook Chinese food in our household and our old wok was pretty busted. This wok looks beautiful with the stainless steel. Just having it out on the stove totally changes the look of the kitchen. Haven't had any issues with markings or stains after cooking. It's a bit on the heavier side.

My wife is Chinese and tends to cook at high heat which has result in a couple of my good quality pans being covered in carbon. We've had this wok for about a year and although it has taken the same punishment many times, it remains spotless. Frequently she will leave it black and I have assumed that the wok is ruined but after a 10 minute soak in hot soapy water, the deposits wipe away and it looks like new again. Highly recommended.

I have purchased three different types of woks in the past (12" steel curved bottom, 14" steel flat bottom, and this one). This the the best among the ones I had. Easy to clean, does not rust, heavy duty stainless, heat evenly on electric coil stove tops, not too heavy. Can't beat that!

This item is amazing! Professional weight and handling. The photo doesn't really do it justice so I posted a few photos here for everyone. It appears much bigger in real life than in the photo and the bottom doesn't seem as angled in real life as the photo appears which is fine for me. The interior bottom of the pan has a gentle change of angle and is softly rounded, not like the photo. This gentle angle allows for the heat to spread evenly so you can overload the pan and the food along the sides will cook as evenly as the food at the bottom. It is much shinier in real life, highly polished stainless steel and the photo doesn't do the real pan justice. I made stir fry with the pan on my first use. I only used a canola oil pan spray and did not use any liquid oil so the meal is low fat. I show in the photos that the bottom of the pan does not have any oil and yet everything came out perfect! Handles well and the extra grab handle on the opposite side is perfect. The lid is extremely deep as is the pan. In a regular store, this item would probably over $120 where we live. So glad I got it on Amazon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Prime Minister elected president, Sri Lanka

American police confront night with armed groups